Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love





The non fiction book: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is a story about a woman's search for herself. Elizabeth travels to Italy, India, and Indonesia to experience food, spirituality, and healing. (My interpretation, don't bust me on this one.) She is quite a compelling author and hold's my attention. Which is saying quite a bit since I get bored with many books. I admire her for doing what she did and must say she is braver than most and has especially strong knees to be cleaning floors for hours on end in 100 degree heat in an Ashram in India. While I posit to my wife that I too could do this, most likely I would cry uncle before the 15 minute mark and pour myself a Guinness as a consolation prize. But I digress.

Elizabeth had guts and the time to escape for a year. She spent time in meditation and grew spiritually. But what if you only had a day, a few days, or a week? Wouldn't it be nice if there was a place to get in touch with your spirituality that was close to home and in a beautiful location that didn't cost a fortune. Well, I can tell you there is such a place and it is in Montecito California: Immaculate Heart Center for Spiritual Renewal. You too can escape and practice your meditation and you don't even have to fly to Bali or Mumbai.

The center offers private non directed retreats for individuals and couples of all faiths. So what are you waiting for?

http://ihcrenewal.info/

No comments: